Our Mission

Enter to worship depart to serve.
 
 

Our Vision

Guided by God’s love, our purpose is to make disciples of Jesus Christ through the Nurture, Outreach and Witness ministries, and to obey the commands of God.

 
 

Leadership Team:

 

Pastor Chris Pettie, Senior Pastor

 

Toni Insley, Office Manager

 

Rebecca Redmer, Director of Youth Ministries 

 

Darlene Holliday, Music Director

Email: 
 
 
 
Trustee Chair:
Michelle Gregori
 
Treasurer:
Fred Redmer
 
Administrative Council Chairperson:
Anne Murphy

Email: 

Finance Committee Chairperson:
Fred Redmer
 
Communications Chairperson:
Scott Redmer
 
Staff/Pastor-Parish Relations Committee Chairperson:
Betsy Malkus
Email:
 
Nurture And Ministries Overseers:
 
Email:
 
Outreach Ministries Overseer: TBA
 
Witness Ministries Overseer: TBA
 
Memorial Fund Chairperson:
Scott Daniels
Phone: 443-521-4577
 
Membership Chairpersons:
Toni Insley 
 
Health Ministries Chairperson:
Dot Bradshaw 
Phone: 443-225-5394
 
United Methodist Men President:
Don Kinnamon

Phone: 410-463-1193 

 
 
 
 
 
 

What we believe:

 
 

Apostles Creed

We believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;

And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;*
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic** church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

 

Our History

St. Paul’s Methodist
Protestant Church

 
Cornerstone laid June 24, 1881
Completed 1882
 

On June 24, 1881, the Grand Lodge of Maryland, King David Lodge No. 68, Union Lodge No. 60, along with many others, chartered the Steamer Keyport, sailed down the bay to Cambridge where they were received by Cambridge Lodge No. 66 with Charles H. Hayward, Worshipful Master. Under the direction of the Right Worshipful Grand Marshall, George L. McCahan, a procession was formed including other chapters from surrounding towns and Delaware. The column of Masons, led by a band, marched to the site of St. Paul’s Methodist Protestant Church on Maryland Avenue in East Cambridge and in due Masonic form laid the cornerstone of the little house of worship. The church was a Gothic frame structure, 36 x 50 feet, with a spire. It cost $1,800.00.The contents of the cornerstone laid that day were a list of the building committee and others as well as a copy of the Methodist Protestant. The membership quickly outgrew the little frame church and in 1912, ground was broken for a new edifice to be built on the same site. During construction, services were held in Phillips Hall at the corner of Gay and Muse Streets.

 
Original Church
Membership Directory
(Sharefaith App Image)

Membership Directory